PJAX loads html from your server into the current page without a full page load. It’s ajax with real permalinks, page titles, and a working back button that fully degrades.
The idea is you can’t tell the difference between pjax page loads and normal page loads. On complicated sites, browsing just “feels faster.”
A Thematic child theme, Thematic PJAX is a drop in solution to creating asynchronous WordPress layouts. It looks and feels just like any Thematic project. However, as designed, content is dynamically loaded, while header and footer sections remain static, perfect for dynamic single page style layouts, all without the mess of
#! hashbang URIs. Finally, page templates, widgets, and custom functions all work as expected.
- Install Thematic.
- Download and extract thematic-pjax in the WordPress
- Add custom functionality in
functions.phpand style to taste within
- PJAX functionality is controlled by the Thematic navigation menu. To override this behavior, modify
- Activate the Thematic PJAX theme in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Still not convinced? Give PJAX a try below and try to navigate around with the menu.